AANS on the Web

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AANS on the Web

Archers Association of Nova Scotia Forum

Bruce Savage will shave his beard for Shoot For A Cure

archer2

Bruce Savage will shave his beard for Shoot For A Cure Empty Bruce Savage will shave his beard for Shoot For A Cure

Post by archer2 Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I am putting out a call to one and all to dig deep into their wallets and purses and to help me spread the word far and wide!!!!

As many of you know, my father has had a beard for probably as long as you have known him. In fact it has been 30 years he has had that same beard!!!!!! I do not remember ever seeing his chin Wink

After a lot of convincing, I have warn him down. He will be donating his chin this year to the annual Canadian Archers For A Cause - Shoot For A Cure held annually at the Bow Shop in Waterloo. Last year alone, this tournament raised over $9000 all sent to breast cancer research. This year we are hoping to do even better. Check out the web page for tournament information as well instructions on how to donate. This year the shoot will be held on January 21st at The Bow Shop in Waterloo. http://www.bow-shop.com/breastcancer-cs.html

As I'm sure you can imagine, dad is pretty attached to his beard and I'm hoping to make his beard a worthwhile incentive for donations to a great cause from across Canada.

I have attached a JPEG and a PDF of a small flyer we have made in honour of his first shave in 30 Years. I am asking for not only your donations, but I would like all of you to help me get the word out far a wide. Please post this information on provincial and club web pages where possible, email to friends and family, contribute personally. There is not a lot of time for us to pull all of this together as the shoot is being held January 21, 2011 but I REALLY appreciate any assistance you can give.

Not only are we shaving his beard, we are planning on shaving it in the middle of the range as part of the weekend event. Of course this will be well documented via pics and will be dispersed for entertainment value after the shoot Smile What else would a good Daughter do Wink

Donations can be made by contacting Michael Martin at The Bow Shop at (519) 746-8139 or via email at media@bow-shop.com. any size donation is greatly appreciated and can be made via cash, cheque, or credit card.

If you have any questions or would like more information please do not hesitate to contact me. Sorry if you receive this information more then once as I'm trying to get the word out quickly due to our short time lines.

Thanks again

Racheal Savage
    archer2

Bruce Savage will shave his beard for Shoot For A Cure Empty Re: Bruce Savage will shave his beard for Shoot For A Cure

Post by archer2 Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 am

The day is almost here. Bruce Savage has bravely (possibly foolishly Wink ) put up his chin for a great cause!! The annual Canadian Archers For A Cause - Shoot for a Cure tournament held in Waterloo Ont is this weekend!!!! That only leaves 5 more days for everyone to get their donations in Wink All of the proceeds for this event go directly to breast cancer research. Every year I am amazed by the generosity of the participants, supporters, friends and volunteers who have made this tournament one of my favorite tournaments I shoot in each year. The energy is apparent the moment you step in the range, standing room only to watch shooters form Ontario and the US compete for not only score, but the number of X's shot as each X earns money in the X count challenge.

This year I hope the contribution of dads beard will make this years fundraising effort the most successful yet. Please donate generously to a great cause and a clean shaven face!! Spread the word far and wide, there is only 5 days left to make a donation towards the "Lets Make Bruce Savage Beardless Fund" otherwise know is the "Beards for Boobies Fund". Contact Mike Martin at The Bow Shop via email at media@bow-shop.com or via phone (519) 746-8139. Donations can be made via cash, checque or credit card. http://www.bow-shop.com/breastcancer-cs.html
    The tournament will be held Saturday January 21st in Waterloo Ont. at The Bow Shop. Come and participate in person or in spirit for a great cause.

Thanks for your support

Rae Savage

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:24 am