AANS on the Web

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AANS on the Web

Archers Association of Nova Scotia Forum

3 posters

Instruction of Beginner Archers Coaching Clinic

archer2

Instruction of Beginner Archers Coaching Clinic Empty Instruction of Beginner Archers Coaching Clinic

Post by archer2 Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:50 am

Instruction of Beginner Archers Coaching Clinic

An Instruction of Beginner Archers Clinic/Workshop is scheduled to be held in April 2009. The place and date will be announced later.

The pre-requisites for the coaching clinic, Instruction of Beginner Archers are that all applicants are AANS members and that they pay the $80.00 clinic/workshop fees to AANS in advance of the clinic.
    The materials are in depth and we would like everyone attending to have ample time to read the required information thoroughly and to complete the pre-clinic requirements.

The clinic is an integrated workshop, combining both Technical information and two multi-sport Theory modules, Making Ethical Decisions and Planning a Practice. With these materials combined it is no longer necessary to take the Multi-Sport Theory Part "A" separately to become certified as an archery coach.

We were asked to limit the workshop, Instruction of Beginner Archers, to 12 applicants by those who developed this nationally accredited course. This is the new course which is taking the place of the old NCCP Level I Technical and Theory. It is also much more involved than the old NCCP Level I Technical course.

As soon as we have enough participants (8 - 10) we will set the date for the next course. There are now 2 persons who have paid the required fees for the course.

This is a two day workshop involving 16 hours of instruction. There will be a need for shooting facilities for part of the course. We find the best place to host such a workshop is at a school where there is Audio-Visual equipment readily available. We will be in need of an overhead projector, a VCR, DVD player and a TV for parts of the instruction. If you have such a facility available and would be willing to sponsor such a clinic we'd consider holding the workshop there.

We will also need your mailing address and e-mail address. When the clinic fees have been paid the workshop manuals and accompanying information will be sent to you directly.

If you wish to attend the course you can send your monies to the address on the bottom of the AANS application. Just add a note that the additional $80 per person is for the course fees when you send in the application.

You can find the AANS application form at: http://www.aansontheweb.ca/AANS_Membership_form.htm

Send your monies for the Instruction of Beginner Archers Clinic/Workshop to:
    The Archer’s Association of Nova Scotia
    c/o Sport Nova Scotia
    5516 Spring Garden Rd.
    Halifax, NS B3J 1G6

If you’re renewing your membership for 2009 at the same time just add a note that the additional $80 per person is for the course fees when you send in the application.

Ricky Comeau
    Master Learning Facilitator
    rickcca@ns.sympatico.ca
    ciws330

Instruction of Beginner Archers Coaching Clinic Empty Re: Instruction of Beginner Archers Coaching Clinic

Post by ciws330 Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:20 pm

Due to my sailing schedule I need a date, can you provide.
    archer2

Instruction of Beginner Archers Coaching Clinic Empty Re: Instruction of Beginner Archers Coaching Clinic

Post by archer2 Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:33 pm

There won't be a definite date announced till we have enough people enrolled for the clinic.
    ciws330

Post by ciws330 Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Well, thats an issue, since my enrollment would be conditional to me being home.
    NockOn

Post by NockOn Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:16 am

Same here Sean so just put your name on the list like I did and hope for the best. Once the date is known, we can buy the book.

Cheers,
    ciws330

Post by ciws330 Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:06 am

OK, Please put my name on the list
    NockOn

Post by NockOn Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:44 am

ciws330 wrote:OK, Please put my name on the list

You might want to send Ricky Comeau an e-mail just in case he doesn't read this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:16 am