AANS on the Web

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AANS on the Web

Archers Association of Nova Scotia Forum

4 posters

Anyone interesting in helping to form a club in Bedford?

LionJamie

Anyone interesting in helping to form a club in Bedford?  Empty Anyone interesting in helping to form a club in Bedford?

Post by LionJamie Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:12 pm

How hard is it to form a new club?

I'm a newbie to this forum, but I'd love to have a club closer to home, (in Bedford) than those currently available, for myself and my two daughters.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know the current requirements for this. I haven't been on a proper range in many years, but I'm planning to head out to the Scotia Bowmen open house next week, to check it out.

Through various local contacts, I believe I have a good chance of acquiring both appropriate land, and financial support to get started, if there was a committed group of individuals interested in forming a Bedford club.

The youth interest is really high right now, and I think it will last a few years at least, so this seems like a good time to try to make something happen.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

NockOn

Anyone interesting in helping to form a club in Bedford?  Empty Re: Anyone interesting in helping to form a club in Bedford?

Post by NockOn Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:45 am

I'm surprised nobody answered your question. I think that the area is kind of saturated with clubs for the few people doing archery in this area. If you have that much energy that you're thinking of starting a club from scratch, I'm sure one of the already established club would love to have you on board, as volunteers are always in great demand.

Cheers,
    LionJamie

Anyone interesting in helping to form a club in Bedford?  Empty Re: Anyone interesting in helping to form a club in Bedford?

Post by LionJamie Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks for the response.

I don't disagree that the clubs already around are great, it's more the locations that frustrate me. I'm a busy guy and carving an hour out to shoot in the evening isn't feasible when the club is 1/2 hour drive away. Not to mention the gas involved.

But I think I've got my answer in the general lack of responses.

Bullit

Post by Bullit Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:14 am

LionJamie wrote:Thanks for the response.

I don't disagree that the clubs already around are great, it's more the locations that frustrate me. I'm a busy guy and carving an hour out to shoot in the evening isn't feasible when the club is 1/2 hour drive away. Not to mention the gas involved.

But I think I've got my answer in the general lack of responses.

I'm in Lower Sackville, I'm wanting to get into archery and a Bedford club would be perfect. Any chance of this happening?
    huntwisely
    Admin

Post by huntwisely Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:38 am

Myself and other local coaches could certainly help get a club up and running. You will need a facility, indoor or out or both, an executive to make the decisions, and you shuld register as a non profit society with the registry of joint stocks. An AANS club membership is 60 dollars (gives you insurance) and you will need some people to take some courses. A club needs a trained level one coach (150 dollar course), see the coaching section of the main AANS page, and either a range safety officer or a club level judge in 3D or target, whatever you wish to shoot or both. The RSO and Judge's exam and the materials required are online at the archery canada website.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:47 pm