AANS on the Web

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AANS on the Web

Archers Association of Nova Scotia Forum

Larry Wise Shooting School in New Brunswick

NockOn

Larry Wise Shooting School in New Brunswick Empty Larry Wise Shooting School in New Brunswick

Post by NockOn Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:35 pm

The Belledune Archery Club in New Brunswick is hosting this prestigious archery coach and author, Larry Wise. This is availlable for the first time in the Maritimes.

This 2 Days shooting school will be the 6th and 7th of December 2008.

Here's a Biography of Mr. Larry Wise:

EMPLOYMENT:
    MATH EDUCATOR, JUNIATA HIGH SCHOOL,
    35 YEARS, RETIRED 10/4/04

PROFESSIONAL ARCHER:
    1986 WORLD FIELD ARCHERY CHAMPION, SCOTLAND. FIVE-TIME WORLD TEAM CHAMPION. MANY-TIME PA STATE CHAMPION. MANY PROFESSIONAL WINS INCLUDING ATLANTIC CITY, BIG SKY, ANN MARSTON OPEN, MILWAUKEE SENTINEL OPEN AND LONG ISLAND OPEN.

COACHING
    NAA LEVEL IV CERTIFICATION
    NFAA MASTER COACH
    2005 USA INDOOR TEAM COACH

AUTHOR
    TUNING YOUR COMPOUND BOW
    TUNING YOUR BOW HUNTING SYSTEM
    TUNING YOUR 3-D BOW
    BOW & ARROW: A COMPLETE GUIDE
    CORE ARCHERY: SHOOTING WITH BACK TENSION

PHONE (717) 436-9168
    EMAIL larry@larrywise.com

NOTES
    I have been involved with the NAA Coaches Development group since 1996. I have my NAA level IV certification and have taught at subsequent level 3 & 4 course at both the Lake Placid and Chula Vista training centers.
    I coach privately and conduct one and two-day shooting schools at clubs and archery shops. My coaching follows the format of my latest book “Core Archery” which is founded on the definition and use of back tension.

I have been shooting archery for 49 years. I competed with the recurve bow until I purchased my first compound in 1976. In 1977 I was given my first release aid and have used one ever since.

I coach both finger and mechanical release styles of shooting but my specialty is, of course, the release style.

Here's what Larry covers during the 2 days school:

Time Day 1

8 - 12 CoreArchery Introduction
    1 - 3 Video Tape Taken of Each Student & Evalutated
    3 - 5 Form Correction/ Planning

Time Day 2

8 - 9 CoreArchery Review
    9 - 11 Form Correction
    11 - 12 Video Tape II
    1 - 1:30 Practice Schedule/ Plan
    1:30 - 2 Mental Game Plan
    2 - 3 Form Correction

For those who have never heard of Larry Wise, you should know that Larry is considered one of the greatest compound archers to have ever shot a bow. His experience as a teacher enables him to use his skills to adapt his archery teaching to any archer.

Do not miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the best. This chance may never present itself again in the Maritimes.

The cost of this great Archery school is $300 US. It covers the cost of the seminar plus Larry's travels here. Coffee and pastry will also be availlable during the day for the students.

There is only 10 positions availlable and half have already been spoken for. So don't hesitate and book your seat right away.

To Register, contact me at langlois.jrc@forces.gc.ca. or call Monday through Friday at (902) 427-5851.

Check out Larry's website for more:

http://www.larrywise.com/

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:50 pm