AANS on the Web

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AANS on the Web

Archers Association of Nova Scotia Forum

4 posters

Team Nova Scotia Web Page Feedback

CFBFITA
    CFBFITA

Team Nova Scotia Web Page Feedback Empty Team Nova Scotia Web Page Feedback

Post by CFBFITA Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:38 pm

This is the link where I will look for feedback from the Team Website. We all hope you will follow our progress on the "Mentor's Blog" of the team website. If you have anything to say back, you can post it here and I will pass it to the team. To get the blog, you the Team Nova Scotia link on the homepage of the AANS website.
    LadySteel

Team Nova Scotia Web Page Feedback Empty Re: Team Nova Scotia Web Page Feedback

Post by LadySteel Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:16 am

I would wish you good luck, but, I know you don't need it.

I would wish you good shooting, but, you do that on your own.

So instead, I wish you fair winds and fond memories.

sunny

Gayle

Really wishing I was there as I woke this morning with a flooded basement. Sad

He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
    Psalm 18:34
    CFBFITA
    CFBFITA

Post by CFBFITA Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks Gayle. We wish you were here too. Good luck with the basement. No chance of that here. It's hard to flood a montain.
    Toxophilus_Archer
    Toxophilus_Archer

Post by Toxophilus_Archer Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Congratulations Don and Mike on your 3D scores.
    Toxophilus_Archer
    Toxophilus_Archer

Post by Toxophilus_Archer Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:56 am

And the medals are coming. Congratulations to Tom and to you Laurie hope this is the start of many. Go AANS.
    CFBFITA
    CFBFITA

Post by CFBFITA Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks. It was an awesome course and we we shooting with a great bunch of guys.

Maybe we'll get to Europe after all and shoot one of those field courses in a castle.
    LDDJ
    LDDJ

Team Nova Scotia Web Page Feedback Empty Congratulations

Post by LDDJ Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Just got a chance to catch up on the blog and saw the awesome results. Congratulations to all of you for the great shooting. Laurie and Tom; congrats on the medals. Blessings from Liam, Debbie, Daniel and Jacob.
    CFBFITA
    CFBFITA

Post by CFBFITA Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks guys, that means a lot.

Come with us next year to New Brunswick. You'd have a great time.
    LadySteel

Post by LadySteel Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:51 am

Goooo Maaaaatt, the cream will rise to the top buddy.

We are all rooting for you (and all the other guys too).

cheers
    LadySteel

Post by LadySteel Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Wat to go guys......You make me proud.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
    Theodore Roosevelt
    26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

Gayle

Give me a bow, some aroows and a good looking shooting partner......and you can keep the bow and the arrows.
    CFBFITA
    CFBFITA

Post by CFBFITA Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Today I watched Tom Riley take all comers in BC and walk away with a gold from the Archery Canada Open in a smoking display of head to head shooting. It wasn't easy and it wasn't quick but he convinced everyone else that he could throw more heat than they could stand. It's the summer of Tom. 2 silver and 1 gold in BC. Nova Scotia produces yet another heavy hitter. Congrats, Dude.
    Toxophilus_Archer
    Toxophilus_Archer

Post by Toxophilus_Archer Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:04 am

A large congratulations to Tom on his medal cluster, to Matt on his hanging in on the last day. To all AANS archers for their good performance against top class competition. I am only sorry I was not there to see it although nothing doing in recurve I guess. Perhaps the legacy of the Canada Games in Nova Scotia has not really taken off as it may have done Laurie to bring the athletes of NS to the required standard that obviously BC are breeding. It took Gb a long time to get where they are now and it took a lot of money and talent spotting from the last Olympics to do it. Yorkshire where I am from took a third of the GB medals according to the count which was more than some of the bigger sporting countries like Australia that usually win quite a lot more. There are many things to think about for next year and the games in 2015.
    Again well done all the archers those I know and those I don't and good shooting for the future. Almost forgot a big congratulations to the manager who was probably running around behind the scenes as he usually does.
    Seán
    LadySteel

Post by LadySteel Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:14 am

Actually Sean, they may not have made it to the nationals this year, but we have a growing contingent of young recurve archers now. I love seeing them and how excited they are!!! They have people like Tom and Matt and Laurie to look to (even if they are compounds) to help them dream that they can do it on the bigger stage. And considering they placement of our team against those "bigger" provinces. We have nothing to be ashamed of.
    Toxophilus_Archer
    Toxophilus_Archer

Post by Toxophilus_Archer Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:13 pm

That's good to hear there's still time for a good recurve contingent then for the future.
    CFBFITA
    CFBFITA

Post by CFBFITA Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Wow, where to start on all that? Thanks for the congrats Sean.

There are, and will always be recurves among us and the only reason there are no recurve medals is because LadySteel put her duty as a nurse before her own needs. That's a huge sacrifice and to be commended. Thanks Gayle. Here's a bit of a motivator for young recurves: Rumour is our 2 olympic archers each got 100K to spend on whatever it took to get them where they needed to be. That's a lot of international experience if you need it.

I don't really contribute much to the overall standard of our archers other than to promote the idea of excellence and to show folks that there are opportunities out there for glory. Nova Scotia archers did well because of their own individual talents, not because of me.

BC is breeding an army of athletes as are Ontario, Quebec and the rest of the provinces but the fact remains that the individuals that compete are a product of their own dedication. We are missing a few things in Nova Scotia but nothing a motivated athlete can't get around. Really, if there is a disadvantage in Nova Scotia, it is the mindset that it is a sin to be competitive and to strive for something better.

When one archer strives to be elite, it does not hurt the rest of the archers. Quite the opposite.

And, yes, I just saw Rob Laprade and he was still running around behind the scenes! Running up a mountain after 2 kids and a wife.
    LDDJ
    LDDJ

Post by LDDJ Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Congratulations once again to all of Team NS for your dedication and hard work. I'm sure there are a few young archers who will be interested in hearing what it is was like. Safe home.
    CFBFITA
    CFBFITA

Post by CFBFITA Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:42 am

Thanks guys. I know Tom had an interesting trip back. I'm still stuck on a train in Ontario.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 pm